I need a hand to hold (SPOILERS)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I need a hand to hold (SPOILERS)

Post by m_pluto on Sat Apr 29, 2017 12:59 pm

Okay, I am currently at episode 29 aver binge watching straight for the past two days, and I’m at the point Şura is in the hospital after getting shot, Seyit just wrote his goodbye letter, and everything is looking so bleak, and I don’t know if I can continue and keep going.

I’ve watched dark television before, but goddamn this is black and dark as hell, and I feel like crying and the feels are getting to be too much. I just need a happy ending for the two of them, it doesn’t even have to happen in the show (which I’m beginning to feel like it won’t at this point), it could just be fanfiction. I started this show based on a whim and a Netflix recommendation, and I am so invested and I can’t believe I feel this way. If I had a time machine I would go back in time to fix these two.

If a love like Şura & Seyit’s can’t make it, what hope do the rest of us have?

Is there someone who can hold my hand through this difficult time?

m_pluto

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Knights ? True Love ? ..Is this a thing of the past ?

Post by Desiderata on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:19 pm

Sura & Seyit's love for each other may be pure however they are at the mercy of the time and culture that they lived in. Seyit is a very proud man,a Turk, whose sense of honour sometimes overrides his reason. His impatience with Sura's lack of trust and his inability or unwillingness to help her work through it will ultimately affect both of their lives .
Can someone who has been betrayed ever really trust fully again ? Maybe. Seyit did not think Sura would ever be able to forgive him even when he swore his undying love to her. He was somewhat offended by this and allowed it to affect the decisions he would ultimately  make.
"Pride comes before a fall "
I think the draw of this series is that it presents love in a very real almost raw manner. You sometimes feel like a fly on the wall...at least I did. Maybe that is why one becomes so emotional watching it. The Knight on the Shining White Horse ! Every little girl's fantasy wasn't it? The fantasy of a more innocent time. And those times seem long gone hence the "weepies".
I don't think I have felt that moved since I read Gone With the Wind under my bedcovers with a flashlight in boarding school at the age of 12.
This story is set almost 100 years ago . Back then relationships were often prearranged . You grew to love who you were married off to or you just learned to live with it. Sura and Seyit tried to defy those norms but unfortunately the odds were stacked against them.

Desiderata

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top