Sura's death and Seyit's death?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sura's death and Seyit's death?

Post by Beverly on Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:02 am

Has anyone seen when the real Sura died or her married name? I know from a picture I saw of her grave she is buried in Oakland but I can't look up her record because I don't know her married name. Was interested because in a blog I saw it said Sura visited Seyit's grave and that she died not too long after.

Also I wanted to clear up something from the FB discussion. Quite a few speculated that Seyit killed himself over the heartbreak of Sura or something similar. I know we all want to watch the series as strictly a romance, but his life was so much more than his relationship with Sura. According to the author of the books, at the end of his life Seyit was quite ill and was brought to the hospital. He then killed himself after hearing the diagnosis. Of course his feelings for Sura may have led in part to his decision but she made it sound like it was more that he did not want to be sick and did not want to undertake treatments in a hospital. Also the thought was given that he was unable to live a "normal" life always having been a soldier or activist. The weight of memories of his family in Russia and his dream unfullfilled with Sura probably did leave him depressed. It was said he also drank a lot which must have affected his health and his decisions. Seyit's wife remarried.

Beverly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Sura's death and Seyit's death?

Post by Admin on Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:02 pm

I've only read that he committed suicide in another post in 1945 but I don't know the circumstances. Romantically, I suppose many people speculate it was due to Sura, which was supposedly the last word he uttered but who knows if that is true too. Thanks for adding the additional information about the books since I don't know the whole story of what really happened in the later years. I think it's fair to assume that much of what they suffered in their earlier lives affected the remainder of their days and relationships with both sorrow for their losses and regrets in their choices. So Murvet remarried? I wonder if there is a biography about her life with him somewhere.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://vickihopkins.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Beverly on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:02 pm

I do so want to read the books if they are ever translated. I have to depend on people who have read them and what they say about them. Yes Murvet remarried but that marriage did not last long. One of Seyits daughters did not live into middle age, can't recall but think maybe she passed in her twenties or so, and of course the surviving daughter is the one who was the mother to the author of the books. I think she died in 1924 if I recall correctly. Seyit died October 25, 1945. To answer your question yes there is a book about Murvet's life from the same author.

Beverly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sarah Rutherford on Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:44 pm

MUST READ ALL THE BOOKS! Why hasn't this been translated? It breaks my heart they both died broken hearted.

Sarah Rutherford

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ruthie on Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:42 pm

I am dying to read books!!! I am heartbroken over this love story. I have cried and cried and watching series for second time. I am hoping the books will give me an understanding as to why their love didn't survive. I really thought he would go back to her....So sad!

ruthie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beverly on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:28 am

Ruthie, I did read that the author said one of the books is being translated but don't knnow which one nor the timeframe. I think their love survived but they just couldn't be together. Given the situation of living in a time of constant upheaval and loss and especially him being a Crimean cavelry officer who could not save his family made him constantly endanger himself. Sura I think wanted a more settled life and didn't understand his need to redeem himself plus just my opinion Sura was a little immature perhaps from falling for him so young and never having any other life. His betrayal of his father's wish that he not marry Sura and then having problems with Sura not trusting him must have made him know that he was never going to get his old life back. Seeing Murvet as the chance to start anew probably led to his decision. Wish I knew what his 20 yrs with Murvet and Sura's life after leaving were like. Perhaps they each did have some happiness, hope so. We need the books!!!

Beverly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ruthie on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:40 am

Yes we NEED the books!!

ruthie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Sura in America

Post by Beverly on Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:04 am

I have found a little more information about Sura in the US. She was married to the brother of American poet and author, Ogden Nash, (Nash as in Nash family Nashville was named for). Her husband was Franklin Nash, a wheeler dealer of sorts. She first lived in New York, then moved to Connecticut and then out to Los Angeles. Their daughter Sandra was born when they were living in New York around 1938-39. Sura was going by her name Alexandra and the husband some times went by Aubrey Nash. He died in 1980. Still haven't found her death certificate.

I wish more people would use this forum, its been a while now since I watched the series and am forgetting all the questions I had LOL! moved on to Magnificent Century and Kosem

Beverly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereida on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:39 am

Sadly, the series is historically changed.
Petro never made it to Istanbul for Seyit killed him in Alushta. Celil did'nt make either. So they left Alushta just the two of them.
After Seyits parents were killed, Seyit bought a house in Alushta and lived there for a while. Then they left for Sinop and finally to Istanbul.
This I got from an interview with the author of the book in you tube.
She says that if we can read the book we will be able to find out why their love did not survive.

Nereida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereida on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:44 am

It would be nice if someone who understands turquish, reads it and explains to all of us.
I promise that if I ever find it in English, I would do that for all of you. I am quite pissed at all the fiction in such a beautiful story.

Nereida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereida on Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:45 am

Does anybody know why the ratings of this show went down?

Nereida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereida on Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:35 am

The other thing she said was that Petró was never in love with Sura. He was in love with Tatya. I am pissed off, too many fiction on a really true story. No need to do that! Maybe this is why the ratings went down!

Nereida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ruthie on Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:16 am

Aww! What?!? Yes this completely ruined the series. I want the real story!!!

ruthie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beverly on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:45 am

I found some info that was translated from Turkish and it said there were a lot of reasons they didn't make it in the book.  One big reason which is different from the series is that he went against his family to be with Sura but she would not tell her family about him.  Once she found her sister and she found other Russian friends she spent a lot of time with them and made it sound like he thought she was disloyal to him.  It also said she wanted him to marry her and make her his family and he refused too many times.  He also wanted to protect her from his life as a warrior and didn't want her to see him wounded, something like that, and Seyit thought it best that they weren't together as her personality changed too much dealing with his intrigues and he didn't like to see himself spoiling her personality that way.  It did say Petro and Cellil did not appear in the story the way it was in the series in Istanbul but that both Seyit and Sura had affairs.

Beverly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beverly on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:50 am

I did find Sura's death record (was looking under the wrong name!) and her marriage and birth of the daughter. She came to US in 1930, marred in 1937 and their daughter was born 1938. I believe he was married when she came to US and had a child.

If you go to the Facebook page Kurt Seyt & Shura (spelled that way) it is in Turkish but scroll down about 6 posts and you will see about 40 photos of the families. One of Sura when she is about 6 yrs old just adorable and some beautiful ones of St. Petersburg, you an see the magic happening there with that scenery.

Beverly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereida on Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:40 pm

Thank you so much Beverly. I have kept looking for information for I find this to be a beautiful historical love story but too fictionalized. I love to study characters and really wanted to know why that kind of love didn't last. From what I've read and from what you say, definitely it couldn't last. Values were so different!
I will keep posting whatever I find, and you please do the same for me!
They had affairs? No way!

Nereida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereida on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:49 pm

Ruthie, no, the series is not the real story.
It has been extremely exaggerated and fictionalized!

Nereida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereida on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:51 pm

I would love to know why the ratings went down.

Nereida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nereida on Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:52 pm

Ruthie, no, the series is not the real story.
It has been extremely exaggerated and fictionalized!

Nereida

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:13 am

I'm in episode 27 .... I didn't know this was based on a real story till I had to google and kill the suspense and anxiety!! I don't usually look ahead in a book or anything cause I hate knowing endings but was relived to know what to sort of expect ... devastated though ...
why would they do this to us Sad Sad!!

Gia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabs on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:27 pm

Alexandra Julianovna "Shura" Verjenskaya
Birth: Apr. 16, 1903, Russia
Death: Jun. 1, 1966
Los Angeles County
California, USA

She served as the real-life inspiration for the heroine character in the historical non-fictionalized novel, "Kurt Seyit and Shura" (1992), the first of a five-book series by Turkish author Nermin Bezmen.

The story centered around Kurt Seyit Eminof, an lieutenant in the Crimean army and son of a wealthy landowner, and Shura, an attractive young woman born into Russian nobility. During WWI and into the 1920s they break from their respectively disapproving families and eventually find themselves in Istanbul and the troubles they must face in their new surroundings.

The book was adapted into a brief television series by the same name as the novel in 2014 and broadcast on the Turkish television network Star TV.

The real Shura eventually migrated to Paris with her sister, then emigrated to the U.S., first residing in New York City and Bridgeport, CT, marrying Mr. Franklin Aubrey Nash, and then moved on to Southern California, settling in the community of Brentwood of the city of Los Angeles. Her last known residence was in the city of Pasadena.

Family links:
Parents:
Ekaterina Verjenskaya (1867 - 1959)

Burial:
Forest Lawn Memorial Park (Glendale)
Glendale
Los Angeles County
California, USA
Plot: Garden of Ascension section, Map #E50, Lot 8717, Ground Interment Space 4 (6 rows up from Curb Lot 8722 @ lower Cathedral Dr)
GPS (lat/lon): 34.12533, -118.24128

Maintained by: Theologianthespian
Originally Created by: Chris Mills
Record added: Oct 30, 2014
Find A Grave Memorial# 138001441

Fabs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down