Seyit's need to marry Murvet

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Seyit's need to marry Murvet

Post by Beverly on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:15 am

What do think about this - I saw Seyit marrying Murvet because he knew he couldn't hold onto the dream that was his and Sura's and he saw Murvet as a sense with peace with that, rebuilding the family that he had lost. He saw Murvet as a mother from seeing her with children and was attracted to that. Here's something I've thought about - Sura and Seyit were together off and on for 6-7 years and yet she never became pregnant that we know of. She only had one living child in her marriage in the US. Do you think perhaps she was not able to give Seyit a child and that might have been part of their turmoil or at the very least that might have changed things for them as a couple?

Beverly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Seyit's need to marry Murvet

Post by Sarah Rutherford on Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:53 am

Wow. Yeah, that totally makes sense. Although if he left her because she couldn't have children that's pretty shitty.

Sarah Rutherford

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty106 on Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:37 am

They would not have been trying to have children if they were not married. As it is I don't think the show really depicted how shocking in that timeframe and culture for them to have even been living together unmarried. A respectable hotel would not have even allowed for that to occur. SEyit would have been totally disrespecting Sura in 1916 I had to overlook all that to enjoy the series. How accurate was that? I wish I could read the book also.

Patty106

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Beverly on Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:51 pm

I finally found the book in English - was only $6.00 and started reading. Have to say it is not nearly as romantic as the scenes from the movie so far. I have bought Kurt Seyit and Sura but can't find the third book which tells of Shura's life in the US yet, maybe it is being translated as the Seyit and Sura one just appeared a short time ago. Has anyone else read the books yet?

Beverly

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Patty106 on Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:25 am

Where did you find it? On Amazon?

Patty106

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:15 am

OMG ... where is the English translation??

Gia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gia on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:15 am

How many books and series are there?

Gia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

make sense!

Post by Sumary Ferreira Vizcarra on Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Beverly wrote:What do think about this - I saw Seyit marrying Murvet because he knew he couldn't hold onto the dream that was his and Sura's and he saw Murvet as a sense with peace with that, rebuilding the family that he had lost.  He  saw Murvet as a mother from seeing her with children and was attracted to that.   Here's something I've thought about - Sura and Seyit were together off and on for 6-7 years and yet she never became pregnant that we know of.  She only had one living child in her marriage in the US.  Do you think perhaps she was not able to give Seyit a child and that might have been part of their turmoil or at the very least that might have changed things for them as a couple?

Sumary Ferreira Vizcarra

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabs on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:16 pm

Alexandra Julianovna "Shura" Verjenskaya

She served as the real-life inspiration for the heroine character in the historical non-fictionalized novel, "Kurt Seyit and Shura" (1992), the first of a five-book series by Turkish author Nermin Bezmen.

The story centered around Kurt Seyit Eminof, an lieutenant in the Crimean army and son of a wealthy landowner, and Shura, an attractive young woman born into Russian nobility. During WWI and into the 1920s they break from their respectively disapproving families and eventually find themselves in Istanbul and the troubles they must face in their new surroundings.

The book was adapted into a brief television series by the same name as the novel in 2014 and broadcast on the Turkish television network Star TV.

The real Shura eventually migrated to Paris with her sister, then emigrated to the U.S., first residing in New York City and Bridgeport, CT, marrying Mr. Franklin Aubrey Nash, and then moved on to Southern California, settling in the community of Brentwood of the city of Los Angeles. Her last known residence was in the city of Pasadena.

Family links

Fabs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabs on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:18 pm

Birth: Apr. 16, 1903, Russia
Death: Jun. 1, 1966
Los Angeles County
California, USA

Fabs

View user profile